After 36 years of education experience I finally learned the following:
· It is not “my school”, it is “our school”.
· No one comes to school to fail, not students, teachers, support staff, or administrators.
· School is a place where students come to feel safe.
· Teachers teach, students learn, and the rest of us come to support.
· School is a place that students have some control over their environment and feel free to exercise that control when we allow them to do so.
· Education is a journey without a destination that we are aware of when we start.·
· When we are in school we learn lessons, some are good and some are not.
· High school is not a place to stay too long, that goes for students and teachers.
· The only true failure in high school is the failure to attempt, in academics, sports or extra-curricular activities.
· High school graduation represents a new beginning for students, an end of an era for parents and a time of reflection for the rest of us.
Website powered by Network Solutions®